Increase your speed, power, and athletic abilities.
We develop young athletes’ speed-strength, and power by building confidence, perfecting foundational strength, and making increasingly challenging training fun. We focus on building robust, young athletes who can not only perform to their full potential, but also fully grasp a deep understanding of the training that gets them there.
Our primary training platform is the Speed Mechanics Accelerator Program–a strategically tiered training program for athletes aged 12-18.
OUR COACHING PHILOSOPHY
Positivity, Pace, and Process.
We take young athletes to the next level and help them to avoid common pitfalls associated with increased training loads like burnout or unnecessary injury.
Our emphasis is on education and building strong foundations while working at the right pace for each athlete’s ability. We believe that to learn best it’s not simply about showing up but becoming a part of the process. We promote a positive and engaging learning environment, and require athletes to teach and guide younger/newer athletes in order to level-up—in addition to demonstrating improved competency and performance.
Our coaches have performed and coached at the highest levels and have worked with Olympic, international, and national level athletes. As a result, we can develop the speed and strength required to compete at the highest levels, without compromising on long-term health or goals.
Positivity, Pace, and Process.
The Speed Mechanics Training Facility lies on the traditional lands of the W’Sanec (Saanich) and Lekwungen (Songhees) First Nations. Their ancestors and families have lived here for thousands of years, and now with grateful hearts, we acknowledge this and consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to train, learn, and play in a state-of-the-art facility where athletes of all cultures are welcomed.
OUR ELITE COACHING TEAM
• ICE SPORTS • CYCLING • TRACK • FIELD SPORTS
- Masters of Exercise Science in Strength & Conditioning
- Registered Strength & Conditioning Coach (NSCA)
- Australian Professional S&C Coach (ASCA)
- Altis Sprints Coach Accredited
- NCCP Sprints & Hurdles, Track Cycling, and Weightlifting Coach
- Raced nationally and internationally in track cycling and speed skating
- 3x National medallist in sprints – Track Cycling
- USPORTS National Women’s Rugby Champions
- 6x CFL Draft Picks
- 4x USPORTS Conference Champions – Football, Rugby, and Women’s Soccer
- 5x Varsity records in Track & Field in a single season
- 8x USPORTS Football All-Stars
- 3x National MVP’s – Women’s Hockey and Men’s Soccer
- 1x Junior World Champion Track Cyclist
- 3x Jr National Champion Track Cyclist
- Bronze medallist at the Asian Games in Ice Dance
- Multiple Provincial Track Cycling medals and jerseys
- 1x Jr National T&F Sprinter
• BASEBALL • SOFTBALL
- Master of Science (MSc) in Kinesiology with focus in Neuroscience
- Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC)
- BC’s only Master Coach Developer (MCD) for baseball
- 13 year professional baseball career
- MLB 3rd round draft pick by the Houston Astros
- Current Pitching Coach of the Canadian Women’s National Baseball Team
- Current Pitching Coach for Team BC 17U Canada Cup team (2 Silver Medals)
- Manager of BC Summer Games Zone 6 Baseball Team (1 Silver Medal)
- Pitching coach for 2 years professionally
- Managed the Victoria Eagle PBL team for 4 years and lead them to their only PBL Championship
- Helped more than 85 players internationally get college scholarships
- Coached 6 Canadian Junior National Team Players
- Coached more than 10 MLB draft picks
- Ran Baseball camps and clinics around the world for both players and coaches
- Played with Houston Astros, Tampa Bay Rays, Pittsburgh Pirates, Texas Rangers, Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels and 1 year in Japan
- Won 2 Minor League Championships with Houston Astros
• FIELD SPORTS • COURT SPORTS • SAILING • WEIGHTLIFTING
- Master of Exercise Science (MExSc) in Strength & Conditioning (2017)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist (FRCms)
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach (USAW)
- EXOS Performance Specialist (PSC)
- Head Strength & Conditioning Coach & IST Lead for Field Hockey Canada’s WNT 2016-2019
- Silver Medal 2019 Pan American Games
- Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for Field Hockey Canada’s MNT 2017-2018
- Interim Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for Volleyball Canada’s WNT 2018
- Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach with a variety of other elite athletes in sports including: (2016-Present)
– Karate Canada
– Para-Table Tennis
– Sailing Canada
– Volleyball Canada’s REP/Centre of Excellence Program
• MARTIAL ARTS • RUGBY
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Athletic Therapist
- Member of Manila ’02 U20 Softball team
- CIS Academic All-Canadian 2009-2010
- UBC Thunderbird Rugby Alumni
- 2019 Bronze medalist IBJJF Pans at blue belt
- Senior Strength and Conditioning Coach at PISE
- Athletic Therapist with BC Rugby Union working with both juniors and seniors teams
• MARTIAL ARTS • FOOTBALL
- Bachelors of Sport and Fitness Leadership
- Certified Personal Trainer – Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Kinesiology Graduate – Camosun College
- Junior Canadian Football League for 5 years
- Taekwondo Black Belt
- Taekwondo and Kickboxing Instructor
- Head Coach softball UBCO
- Director of Coaching for Softball BC
- Georgia College and State University Athletics Hall of Fame (2018)
- Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC)
- Comp Dev Certified Coach
- Master Coach Developer
- Multi-sport Facilitator
- Coached NCAA DIV1 at Kennesaw State and Mercer University
- Coached NAIA Reinhardt College
- Coached NJCAA Georgia Military College
- Head Coach of Austrian National Team (European Championships, 2009)
- Head Coach of Ugandan National Team (WBSC XV World Championship 2016)
- NAIG BC Softball Head Coach 2 medals 2014-Gold, 2017-Bronze
- Ringor Impact Award Winner (2018)
- NFCA Master Coach
- Founder and CEO of the Institute of Women in Leadership (IWIL)
- Founder of Grow the Game Uganda
- Owner of Beyond the White Lines Softball
- First and only athlete to play two team sports at GCSU (Softball & Soccer)
- Holds numerous GCSU offensive records (home runs, walks, RBI’s, Runs scored)
- NCAA National Tournament Team Player
- Peach Belt All-Conference Team
- GCSU Female Athlete of the Year
- Student of the Year department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Played Professionally in Dutch Softball League
Dr. Olav Krigolson is a professor at the University of Victoria and the lead investigator of the Theoretical and Applied Neuroscience Laboratory. He is a highly decorated academic who has earned the prestigious Benjamin Meeker Fellow award from Oxford University, awarded the Faculty of Education and Teaching Excellence from the University of Victoria along with many others. Dr. Krigolson and his lab have led numerous expeditions around the world doing ground-breaking research. His research has been featured on the Rick Mercer Report, Quirks and Quarks, CBC National news and has done a Ted Talk discussing his work. On a personal note, Dr. Krigolson is not only an academic superstar, but he is also an athlete as well. He played basketball at Camosun College and professionally in New Zealand and was part of the famous basketball team at Indiana University during his graduate studies.
We are lucky and extremely excited to have Dr. Krigolson and his team coming to test and conduct research at our facility as well as Speed Mechanics partnership with his lab.
Here is a list of work Dr. Krigolson has published;
- Our very own Anthony Pluta along with Dr. Krigolson tested baseball hitters to be able to understand the mental processes needed for a successful at bat. In doing so they learned it is possible to predict the performance of a batter prior to an at bat.
- Worked with NASA at the Mars Habitat to test astronauts for fatigue. His software could be the first EEG software in space.
- He Hiked Mt. Everest to test for altitude sickness and fatigue which will allow more people to hike the famous mountain. While on Mt. Everest he assessed Buddhist monks during mindfulness and meditation practices to better understand how they affect our everyday life.
- Worked with doctors, nurses, pilots and miners to predict mental fatigue and optimize work conditions.
- Study motor skill acquisition and anxiety and the effects exercise has. His research also tracks the progression of Alzheimer’s and Dementia allowing him to be able to diagnose these diseases sooner than others.
Train like a pro
Speed Mechanics Apparel
“Miami” Tank – Full Front Logo$30.00 Select options
“California” Tee – Full Front Logo$35.00 Select options
PUSH Pro Training Tracker$499.00 Add to cart
Biosteel Hydration Mix$60.00 Select options
Speed Mechanics Premium Protein Isolate – 2 lb tub$55.00 Add to cart
“California” Tank – Badge Logo$30.00 Select options
“California” Tank – Full Front Logo$30.00 Select options
“Miami” Tee – Badge Logo$35.00 Select options
“Miami” Tee – Full Front Logo$35.00 Select options
Distressed Bolt Hoody$40.00 Select options
Black Pukka Cap$30.00 Select options
Red Pukka CapSelect options
Heather Pukka Cap$30.00 Select options
Steel Blue T-Shirt$25.00 Select options